Each year, millions, if not billions, make New Year's resolutions to help better themselves or to reach their goals and aims. The tradition of making a resolution dates all the way back to the Ancient Babylonians, who used to make resolutions to their God for self improvement. According to Forbes, a mere 8 percent of people actually achieve their New Year's resolution. Fun fact: The most popular resolution every year is to lose weight. Here are 8 funny quotes about New Year's resolutions:
1. The new year will be like the old one if you keep on doing the same old things.
2. My New Year's resolution is to stop hanging out with people who ask me about my New Year's resolutions.
3. My excuses for already failing my New Year's resolution are more complicated than the fiscal cliff deal.
4. For my new year's resolution, I promise to stop correcting your terrible spelling and focus more on your horrific grammar.
5. Dear God, my prayer for 2014 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did this year.
6. I probably shouldn't be making any new resolutions this year...mainly because I'm still working on the ones from last year.
7. This year, lets resolve to make better bad decisions.
8. I can't believe it's been a year since I didn't become a better person.