Adele, best known for her singing may be making a name for herself in acting! The Grammy-award winning singer is reportedly turning in her pipes for a bit more adventure, she has reportedly been cast to play a British spy in "The Secret Service."
1. "The Secret Service" is adapted from a graphic novel written by Mark Millar. Also rumored to be cast in the action film are Samuel L. Jackson, Michael Caine and Colin Firth.
2. According to the Guardian, Caine and Firth will star as Secret Service agents battling several villains, including Adele and Jackson. Firth's character is reportedly the uncle of the main character. The main character is a young troubled kid, recruited by the British Secret Service that turns him around and makes him an incredible spy. Caine reportedly plays the head of the Secret Service who initially decides to recruit the young protagonist to the spy school.
3. According to Entertainment Wise, Adele has been cast as the evil villain in the espionage-action flick. "Adele is exactly what Matthew is looking for," a source told The Sun on Sunday, in response to rumors claiming the recording artist is up for the villain role in the film. "He wants the highest-profile names in various fields to boost the film's cause and turn it into a mega-money franchise."
4. And while this is certainly the first time Adele will be appearing in a major motion picture, she is no stranger to the silver screen. Adele won an Oscar in 2013 for her iconic song "Skyfall," which was the theme of the most recent James Bond installment. Also, Adele appeared on ABC's "Ugly Betty" in 2009 on the episode "Right as Rain."
5. Production for "The Secret Service" is set to begin in early 2014, according to Vibe. Other high-profile stars being sought out for roles include singer, Sir Elton John and athlete, David Beckham.
The film, which is reportedly due out in November of 2014, will be directed by Matthew Vaughn, who was the mastermind behind "Kick-Ass" and "X-Men: First Class." What do you guys think about the reported casting of Adele as a villain?
Follow Donovan Longo on Twitter.