By Armando Tinoco, Jul 05, 2013 04:57 PM EDT
(PHOTO CREDIT: Televisa)
William Levy admitted that he walked out of the production of "La Tempestad" after his family was blocked from entering the Televisa studios. However, the actor will continue to be on the lead role, as he has worked things out with the production team.
Like Us on Facebook
Levy was upset after he brought his family to visit him on set of his newest telenovela, but were not granted access because the actor did not provide advance notice of the visitation.
"Family is above anything," the Cuban heartthrob told morning show "Hoy".
"I had four months without seeing them, 11 of them arrived, my mom, my brother, mi aunt and ungle, mi father.. all of my family. When they got here I did not have time to see them, so I told them I would take them one by one so they could spend some time with me in the studio," William told the "Hoy" reporter.
Salvador Mejia, executive producer of the soap, said in a seperate interview on "Formula Espectacular" that he understood the actor as he had been called in to do extra duties over the weekend that were not previously planned. He also mentioned that Levy has a clause in his contract that stipulates he can take time off to visit his family.
William has his priorities straight and only wants people to be more considerate with him.
"I wanted to be here for the production and I feel that people should have more consideration and tact with the actors, that we are here working 15 or 20 hours every day, even more so when we talk about family."
Do you think we should sympathize with William Levy?