Year after year we always try to prepare our body for the summer trying to improve our eating habits and to incorporate the exercises into our lifestyle. "Wonderful Pistachios" Health Ambassador, professional life coach and certified personal trainer, Laura Posada, shared with Latin Times four tips for developing healthier habits and smart snacking so when the sunny days arrive we can enjoy them with confidence and look our best.
- Here are 4 tips to help you achieve your goals this season:
- Drink lots of water: It isn’t a myth! Drinking water every day is excellent for your body. Besides providing hydration, especially during summer when one sweats the most, water may help you on your physical performance. If you are not properly hydrated, you might have temperature alterations, increase fatigue and reduce your motivation.
- Exercise regularly: If you exercise regularly, good for you! If that’s not the case, it’s never too late to start. A 20-minute exercise routine can work wonders on your body and you might see results sooner than you think. If what you want is to tone your body without bulking up too much, you can try exercises withlighter weights and do multiple repetitions.
- Cleanse: Once in a while, we need to give our body some rest from the many impurities that bombard it daily from our food and environment. A good option is to cleanse. You can do so by eliminating from your diet processed and fried foods, sweets and breads. In their place, you might consider consuming boiled natural foods, such as vegetables, and incorporating more fruits into your diet.
- Eat foods rich in protein and fiber: A diet that includes foods rich in fiber may help fill up and promote digestion. Protein may help promote a feeling of fullness, especially when coupled with fiber. The pistachio is a nut that has both! They’re a good source of protein and fiber and a healthier snack alternative. If you are craving something tasty with a kick, Posada recommend Wonderful Pistachios Sweet Chili or Wonderful Pistachios Salt & Pepper. They’re full of flavor and are very satisfying.
Follow these tips and in less time than you think you’ll be ready to show off your body on the beach. Keep in mind that consistency and discipline are essential for achieving your goals.