Valentine's Day is here and while millions of lovestruck couples are celebrating their love with gifts, dinners and romance, there are other who hate the holiday and what it represents. If you've got friends who are more on board with Anti-Valentine's Day or are mopey about being single, then look no further! We've rounded up 13 hilarious quotes and sayings to send to these friends. Take a quick read, we promise they'll make you chuckle:
1. "If you‘re alone during Valentine’s day, it is priceless for you. Otherwise you would spend a few hundred dollars."
2. "If you feel sad that you stay alone during Valentine‘s day, just remember that nobody loves you on any of those other 355 days of the year."
3. "Today is February 14th -- St. Valentine’s day. Women call it Love day, while men name it as extortion day."
4. "My boyfriend told me I can do with him whatever I want on Valentine’s Day, so I tied him up and went to the nightclub."
5. "To comfort your sister if she’s alone during Valentine’s day, you may say: 80 percent of my socks are single but I have never seen them crying because of that."
6. "Valentine’s Day is for couples. All singles can enjoy themselves for rest of 364 days of the year."
7. "Happy Valentine’s Day to all the couples, wish your love last forever and to all single people wish your batteries last forever …"
8. "My boyfriend and I broke up. He wanted to get married and I didn't want him to." -- Rita Rudner
9. "Sales ad at a store: ‘You are my one and only’ Valentine’s cards, now on sale: 4 for $5."
10. "Valentine's Day: the holiday that reminds you that if you don't have a special someone, you're alone." --Lewis Black
11. "Valentine's day has gotten blown way out of proportion. Valentine's Day just used to be for your girlfriend or your wife but now everyone's like 'Oh, happy valentine's day!' I even got a Valentine's Day card from my grandmother. How ridiculous is that? We stopped having sex years ago!" -- Greg Giraldo
12. "I have a dream, and a plan, to combine the commercial possibilities of Valentine's Day with the substance and meaning of black history month. I call it: Blackentine's Day." -- Mo Rocca
13. "Happy Valentine's Day! And if this is news to you, my guess is you're probably alone. Valentine's Day is often times a, well, it's a manufactured day that really doesn't mean anything." -- Jon Stewart