When a natural disaster strikes, many of us ask, "how can we help?" Sadly, situations like this bring out both the best and the worst in humanity. Many people create false accounts with the intent of attempting to profit off the victims, in this case of Hurricane Harvey.
When making the decision to make some economic contribution, it should always be done intelligently. This means that we should donate to a legitimate charity that has experience helping victims quickly.
There are many local organizations available in Texas where you can drop off donations, but also National organizations allow you to donate online or in person. Remember any contribution is needed, don’t hesitate to help and please encourage you family and friends too.
- Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund
- Houston Food Bank
- Food Bank of Corpus Christi
- The South Texas Blood & Tissue Center: To donate, call 210-731-5590 or visit their website for more information.
- Carter BloodCare: To donate, call 877-571-1000 or text DONATE4LIFE to 444-999.
- Houston Humane Society
- San Antonio Humane Society
- Houston Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
- Texas Diaper Bank
- The United Way of Greater Houston: Visit their website to donate or text UWFLOOD to 41444.
- The L.G.B.T.Q. Disaster Relief Fund