The iOS hackers known fondly as the evad3rs have finally released the iOS 7 untethered jailbreak. The evad3rs released the highly anticipated jailbreak entitled Evasion7, on Sunday, which supports Apple’s iOS devices on both Mac and Windows operating systems. Evasion7 is an all-inclusive system, the jailbreak is compatible with all of Apple’s devices, including the iPhone, iPad, iPad mini and iPod touch, as long as they are running a version of iOS 7. There are a few other things users should do before jailbreaking your devices.
According to International Business Times the untethered jailbreak does in fact run on every version of iOS7 however, they recommend updating to the latest version of the firmware before unlocking the greatest of your Apple device. The latest version of iOS 7 is iOS 7.0.4, to find out what version your device is currently running click “Settings” then “General,” next click “About” and read the number listed next to “Version.” In order to protect your files, it is beneficial for all users to perform a back up of your device in iTunes or iCloud and then restore it to the original state before installing Evasion7; this will provide a seamless and easier transition.
Next users should gather the necessary materials required before applying Evasion7. You will need a computer running at least Windows XP or above, Mac OS X v10.6 or above, and a USB cable to connect your device to the computer. Now that you are ready to apply Evasion7, please note Latin Times is not responsible for any problems that arise while performing this installation. We do not recommend users jailbreak devices, however if you choose to do so, users should proceed at their own risk.
Full Tutorial for Mac OS X and Windows Users
- Step 1- Download Evasion7 for your operating system, Mac or Windows, and extract the program.
- Step 2 - Open Evasion7 program; Mac users will double click on app icon to run it. Windows users will right click on evasi0n.exe file and select “Run as administrator.” Click on “Yes” if a User Access Control window appears.
- Step 3 - Connect the device to your computer via USB cable. Evasion7 will show a message that a device is detected. After the device is detected, the Jailbreak button will become active within the program.
- Step 4 - Click the jailbreak button and allow the your device to be released. After the loading time is complete, tap on Evasion7 icon when prompted to on your devices home screen, the process it then completed. The Cydia icon will also appear on your device, most likely on the second Home screen. iDownloadBlog warns users that your device will reboot itself multiple times, do not panic.
Now that you have a beautifully jail broken device it’s time to figure out which tweaks are compatible with your device. While still early in the process of tweaks becoming more readily available there are multiple Cydia tweaks available with your jailbroken iPhone 5s! Reeiiko, a Reddit user, provided a full list of safe to install Cydia tweaks and apps. Reeiiko, saved us the trouble and risked his own iPhone 5s in order to find out what apps are safe to install and which are actually worth installing, the tested tweaks are posted below, you can also check out Reeiiko’s growing list on his personal Reddit page.
iOS 7 Jailbreak Tweaks Compatible With iPhone 5S on Cydia
- iTransmission 3
- afc2add (required to browse root filesystem with iFunbox)
- Win95 for iPhone (Bochs)
- iCleaner Pro
- Wifi Passwords
- Bytafont (Partially working, fonts only apply in certain areas)
- Respring App For iOS
- SBSettings (App only, partially working)
- Hidden Settings / Prototype Tools (Do not install from Cydia, instead use this method.)