Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth have been plagued by rumors of a spilt for over a year. But now it seems the young couple has squashed rumors of a breakup by walking the red carpet together at the premiere of "Paranoia." Miley Cyrus joined her fiancé at the Los Angeles premiere of his forthcoming movie and posed lovingly at his side wearing a leather patchwork dress of red, black and silver. And while the couple posed unitedly for snaps the rumormill simply won't quit. Now reports are insisting that the couple "acted like strangers," "did not speak to each other" and were simply "awkward."
"It was so weird. They didn't even look at each other. You would think that [Liam] would make sure [Miley] was okay, want to be by him, or something" an eyewitness tells Life & Style. "He didn't even look at her."
Miley and Liam simply can't catch a break, the couple was also joined at the "Paranoia" premiere by Liam's family, who reportedly snubbed Miley and wanted nothing to do with her. Amid all these break-up rumors the couple seems to still be together, so what is fact and what is fiction regarding Miley and Liam's relationship?
1. Miley and Liam met on the set of their movie "The Last Song" in 2009. After 3 years of dating Liam proposed to Miley with 3.5 carat Neil Lane sparkler on May 31, 2012. "I'm so happy to be engaged and look forward to a life of happiness with Liam," Cyrus admitted to People magazine. Hemsworth also opened up about their relationship in the March 2012 issue of Details saying, "What happened happened, and we've been together two and a half years," he said about falling in love with Miley while filming. "She makes me really happy. When you start, you want to be professional, but when you're filming those scenes with someone and pretending to love them, you're not human if you don't feel something."
2. Break-up rumors began for the couple after Liam was spotted getting into a car with "Mad Men" actress, January Jones. Liam was also reportedly "getting cozy" with Jones at a pre-Oscar party. Another report claimed that Liam was also flirting with "Harry Potter" star, Emma Watson. According to Us Weekly, Liam and Emma were reportedly "chatting closely," and he "seemed to find a reason to touch her somewhere, shoulder, hand, knee, as often as possible."
3. Another period of intense breakup rumors occurred when Miley cut her hair and transformed her style. According to RadarOnline, Liam is tired of Miley's new punk look. A source revealed, "Miley isn't looking so fierce these days and Liam hasn't really been feeling her 'look.'" However, it seems like these claims were just a new batch of rumors that incessantly circle the couple's relationship. Of her new look and hair cut Miley admitted that Liam loves it! "He loves [my haircut]. Last night he said I look the happiest he's seen me in a while :) he likes seeing my eyes more." Cyrus tweeted to a fan.
4. Many news outlets have claimed that Liam's older brothers, Luke and Chris, staged an intervention to change Liam's opinion about his relationship and end his engagement to Miley. A source told Us Weekly, "They want him to end the romance for good," and since they made this confession, "Liam's pulling away" from Miley. However, Miley and Liam vacationed in Costa Rica with his older brother Chris and his wife Elsa Pataky. In addition Chris and Elsa even admitted their love of Miley to E! News, saying "We're very excited, we just want them to live a happy life." Now that certainly doesn't sound like Liam's family hates Miley.
5. Lastly, Miley and Liam are still very much together. They walked the red carpet, they recently took a low-key vacation in Canada, and he even appear in her music video for the song "Decisions" featuring Borgore. While the media continually reports about their break up, they still seem to be together.
What do you think about Liam and Miley's relationship? Are they still happy together or heading for for a spilt? Comment below and let us know!
Follow Donovan Longo on Twitter.