New Year’s resolutions are always a hot topic in January. It’s the perfect time to regroup, refresh, and attack those goals! The first step to get both mind and body in full gear is to care for the person who needs it the most – you. This 2017, consider lavender as your secret indulgence to a better you all around.
Lavender is a widely known ingredient used for relaxation, medicinal and therapeutic purposes. That’s why the new Dove Advanced Care Lavender Fresh has put together a Lavender Head-to-Toe Check list, so you can take on everything the New Year brings, while feeling your best.
Lavender Takeover – The Key to Unwinding this New Year
- Homemade Lavender scrub – Exfoliating skin during the winter months is key, so why not turn it into a fun craft? With just a mix of 1 ½ cups of Epsom salt, 1 cup of coconut oil and about 25 drops of Lavender essential oil you can create your very own skin softening treat and winter glow. Massage into hands and body, then rinse well for a therapeutic exfoliation.
- Aromatic Bubble Bath : The winter season and added time indoors is opportunity to really enjoy “you” time, take this as your cue to draw that luxurious bubble bath you’ve been craving during the cold months. Lavender bath salts, oil and soap can all help take your experience to the next relaxation level.
- Lavender for the “forgotten” zones : After a relaxing bath, indulge those forgotten areas of the body with the moisturizer and hydration they require. Remember your underarms need just as much TLC, make sure to nourish and protect them with Dove Advanced Care Lavender Fresh. Its formula and sweet notes of lavender & vanilla – provide softer, smoother skin and 48hr protection, keeping you fresh and confident.
- Decompress & Distress : Did you know lavender tea promotes relaxation and healthy digestion? Studies have even found that the scent of lavender can slow nervous system activity, decrease blood pressure & heart rate*, thus having a calming effect on our bodies and minds. So, brew some tea while you enjoy your favorite book or latest TV premieres!
- Sweet smelling slumber : Beauty sleep is everything ladies! From avoiding those tired eyes or under eye bags, to feeling revitalized and ready to take on the day - sleep is essential. Use lavender oil to calm that racing mind and drift off to a peaceful slumber. Rub 2-3 drops on wrists, temples, and neck area - then take in the scent with three long drawn breaths and close your eyes. Your body will thank you in the morning!