Miss Connecticut, Erin Brady was crowned as Miss USA 2013 last night in Las Vegas. Miss Alabama, Mary Margaret McCord was first runner-up.
As her family and fiancé looked on, Brady beat out other beauties from every U.S. state and Washington D.C. to take the title, accepting the crown from outgoing queen Miss Maryland Nana Meriwether.
1. Erin worked as a financial accountant for Prudential Financial after earning a degree in finance at Central Connecticut State University, where she minored in criminal justice.
2. Erin is 25-years-old and originally from East Hampton, Connecticut but now lives in South Glastonbury, Connecticut. Erin's father, Francis said he always knew she was a glamour girl while also being math-oriented. Her father also explained, she and her sisters used to strut around and pretend they were beauty queens.
3. She also loves to cook! Erin recently revealed, "if there were a talent portion to the competition in Las Vegas, I would make my turkey meatballs with homemade tomato sauce."
4. At 5'8 and 113 lbs., Erin certainly knows about being beautiful, however she believes that beauty pageants are not solely about being a pretty face. "It's not about just being pretty. When you look at those women on stage you are seeing well-spoken, professional, intelligent women who are role models."
5. Erin also stated that she personally struggled with alcoholism in her family, because of this experience she intends to become an advocate for children of addicts. She hopes to, "establish a Connecticut branch of Children of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse. The nearest one to us is in Boston. I hope to get something started here."
Check out some more updates from Miss USA 2013, Erin Brady on twitter!