Controversy always surrounds Premios TVyNovelas and this year was no exception. For the 2107 edition of the Televisa award show, the nominations have been revealed and it left many out. Let's start with a big mistake in the Best Telenovela category. This year, they added a Best Series category as the Mexican powerhouse has upped their production game and started producing more short-form series. Televisa has been making shorter telenovelas, which many have been called series, even though they don't follow the rules of what a series is and air 5-days a week like a normal telenovela.
"La Candidata" was conceived as a "series", but ended up being nominated as a Best Telenovela. "Sin Rastro De Ti" was a series and has less than 20 episodes, and this seemed to land nods in most of the categories reserved for telenovelas and not in the Best Series category. Now lets look at who was snubbed from scoring a nods this year:
1. "Tres Veces Ana" was snubbed from the Best Telenovela category.
2. Although it was a ratings hit, "Un Camino Hacia El Destino" didn't land in the top category either.
3. Paulina Goto and Horacio Pancheri were both left out of their respective Best Acting categories for their work on "Un Camino Hacia El Destino."
4. Likewise, Irina Baeva and Gabriela Soto from "Vino El Amor" didn't land any nominations.
5. Beloved actress, Victoria Ruffo didn't get a nod for her work on "Las Amazonas."
6. Although Thelma Madrigal got acclaim for her work on "Corazón Que Miente", she didn't land a Best Actress nod.
7. Kimberly Dos Ramos was shut out of the Best Villain category for her role on "Vino El Amor", most likely because Azela Robinson edged her out and only one production can be nominated per category.
8. José Ron nor Ferdinando Valencia landed nods for their work on "Simplemente María," but Claudia Alvarez did.
9. Betty Monroe who shaved her head for her work on "Sueño De Amor" didn't land a nomination.
10. "Despertar Contigo" and "Sueño De Amor" only landed 2 nods each.