- Top 20 Latin American Books To Read
- 20. Like Water For Chocolate
- 19. No One Writes To The Colonel
- 18. The Labyrinth of Solitude
- 17. Love in the Time of Cholera
- 16. Death And The Maiden
- 15. The Death Of Artemio Cruz
- 14. The Golden Age
- 13. Before Night Falls
- 12. Kiss Of The Spider Woman
- 11. Todos Los Fuegos El Fuego (All The Fires The Fire)
- 10. Aunt Julia And the Scriptwriter
- 9. Rayuela
- 8. The Real Life of Alejandro Mayta
- 7. Fictions
- 6. Tear This Heart Out
- 5. Death In Andes
- 4. The Alchemist
- 3. The House of the Spirits
- 2. The Savage Detectives
- 1. One Hundred Years of Solitude
Reading can be one of life's great joys. To some there is nothing better than curling up with a good book, getting all snuggly under a blanket and letting your imagination take over. Great literature can transport the reader to far off places where magic and myth come to life.
If far off fantastical places aren't your thing maybe you prefer romance. A subject matter where you can picture yourself as the hero or heroine fighting for your true love. Perhaps you are more interested in classic literature or a good biography, something to really get your brain moving. Something that would make you ask "What would I do in their place?
Whatever you fancy as a good read there are certain books that one should have on their shelf. Or to put it in today's terms there are certain books one must have on their E-reader.
Latin Times has put together a list of 20 Latin American themed books you must read before you die. Think of it as your bucket list of books.
The themes and genres of the books on this list range from classic, to modern to biography. Each book was carefully selected and thought to be great reads.