The jury came back with a not guilty verdict in the murder case of Trayvon Martin. George Zimmerman shot and killed Martin in February 2012 after which he claimed self-defense. The trial of George Zimmerman divided the nation. Some people believe the self-defense claim others say it was a cold-blooded murder based on race.
The entire country was debating who George Zimmerman is and whether or not the Killing of Trayvon Martin was murder or self-defense, it seems the truth about Trayvon Martin became unclear and over looked.
Latin Times put together 5 fast facts about the late teen, whose death sparked nationwide protests and anger.
1. Trayvon Martin was 17 years old at the time of his death. He had been living with his mother and was on his way back from visiting his father when he was killed.
2. Trayvon Martin was a high school student and on a 10-day suspension after school officials found what CNN calls "drug residue" in his school bag.
3. Trayvon Martin had a temper. In text messages discovered by the defense, Martin spoke about fights he had in school. In one message the teen says the kid he was fighting did not bleed enough in his opinion.
4. Tracy Martin, Trayvon's father, filed a missing person's report on his son. When police visited his home he identified Trayvon's body from a police photo.
5. Sabrina Fulton, Trayvon Martin's mother, described her son to the media by saying, "We never said he was an angel, but he was ours. Trayvon had his ups and downs, his good days and bad days like every teenager."