Hamburgers are a popular and delicious meal choice amongst many, but eating too much red meat can be detrimental to one's health. Fortunately, there are many delicious vegetarian burger options around and this recipe from Chef James Tahhan is one such recipe. Lentils have long been praised for their nutrition and health benefits, making this recipe a must-try for everyone.
2 cups lentils
1/2 cup walnuts
2 cloves of garlic
1 tablespoon oregano
1 tablespoon of parsley
2 slices of bread soaked in milk
3 tablespoons canola oil
2 units of whole hamburger bun
1. Before we process the ingredients, make sure the lentils are cooked and seasons to taste.
2. Once they are ready, place them in a food processor with the walnuts, garlic, oregano, parsley, bread soaked in milk and canola oil for processing. Mix for about one minute until a paste forms.
3. Make burgers that are approximately four inches wide and be sure to press down, forming a vegetarian "hamburger."
4. In a skillet, heat up 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat and cook the hamburgers for 2 minutes on each side or until golden.
5. Remove the burger from the skillet and create your hamburger with the bread and toppings of your choice.