Brazilian soccer legend Pelé has confirmed that he has recovered from a urinary tract infection that left him in the hospital for days while undergoing treatment. Pelé recorded a video message to fans on Friday from Albert Einstein Hospital in Sao Paulo, Brazil.

“I want to take this opportunity to thank all of you, from all over the world, who worried about my health, “ said Pelé after strumming a few chords on his guitar. “Thank God, I’m fine. I have recovered, I’m here with my family.”

Pelé was surrounded by family and his new wife, Marcia Aoki, when he delivered the short message in both Portuguese and English.

“Don’t worry, thank you very much,” Pelé said. I know everybody worried about my health but I am OK. Thank you everybody who has been praying for me and my family.”

There were concerns earlier in the week that Pelé ’s health had deteriorated and perhaps his infection had become life threatening. However on Wednesday, Pelé started feeling better and began to recover. It is believed that Pelé developed the urinary tract infection after undergoing surgery to remove kidney stones on November 13th.

Pelé will remain in the hospital in the interim until he fully recovers. He has been moved from intensive care to semi-intensive care, and Doctors at the hospital released a statement that Pelé ’s condition is good and there are no more signs of the infection.