A few days ago, an American tabloid newspaper The National Enquirer posted a story about how Queen Elizabeth II has taken her “revenge” on Harry and Meghan Markle by cutting them off the royal procession for Commonwealth Day. And like the millions of gossips and theories trying to take advantage of the fact that the couple has stepped down as senior royal members, this is another, completely bogus story. 

As we know that Meghan Markle and Prince Harry recently returned to England from Canada to participate in Commonwealth Day and marked their presence as Royals for the last time, before embarking on their chosen path of going forward in life as non-working members of the royal family. So, according to the claims of the tabloid, it was here that Queen Elizabeth II planned to “get revenge” on Meghan Markle and Prince Harry, which is as baseless as it sounds, something Gossip Cop investigated in its latest report. 

The article in The National Enquirer quoted some “high-level courtier”, who said: “Her Majesty’s message is clear – Harry and Meghan are OUT! The queen commanded Harry and Meghan to join the family for their last appearance as working royals. But in a humiliating snub, she cut them out of the procession. They were forced to walk to their seats – and were relegated to the second row, behind the queen, Prince Charles, Camilla, and Prince William and Kate.”

And as per the dubious source the “snub” upset Meghan who was “furious” as this was a “huge blow to her ego.” 

“I’m told her first reaction was to refuse to attend! She demanded to know why William and Kate – who Meghan can’t stand! – were walking with the queen but not them,” the unreliable source shared. “When Harry protested, she retorted ‘I AM sick – sick of your family!”

But the truth, as Gossip Cop cited, as far from the made-up facts mentioned in the article and would be crystal clear to anyone who is even remotely aware of the royal customs. As for the procession to the Commonwealth Day service at Westminster Abbey in London, the Queen and the Archbishop of Canterbury were joined by Prince Charles, heir to the throne, and his wife, Camilla Parker Bowls, the Duchess of Cornwall, as usual. And no, despite what the tabloid claimed, Prince William and Middleton were not part of the procession.

And the seating arrangement was the exact same as last year, with the only difference that instead of being seated next to Prince Andrew, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex sat next to the queen’s youngest son, Prince Edward. Since the rather public revelation of Prince Andrew’s involvement in the Jeffery Epstein scandal, he has been keeping his distance from the royal affairs. 

queen elizabeth meghan-markle-prince-harry Queen Elizabeth II, Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex are pictured on July 10, 2018 in London. Chris Jackson/Getty Images