One of the few high-profile rape cases that went abuzz in the early 2000’s was the 2003 sexual assault case between Katelyn Faber and Kobe Bryant. The last time people heard about the case was in 2004, when Bryant issued a public apology to Faber after the latter had filed a civil lawsuit against the basketball superstar.

With Bryant’s unexpected death on Sunday, a renowned publication made headlines when one of their reporters tweeted about the said case, saying it was an inevitable part of Bryant’s life and legacy. With the old sexual assault case surfacing once again, there is now growing curiosity among fans of the fallen NBA star regarding his sexual assault accuser and where she is now.

Here are facts about Katelyn Faber you may want to know:

1. She was only 19 when she filed a cast against Kobe Bryant

In 2003, Faber filed a case against Bryant in the Sheriff’s office in Eagle, Colorado, demanding at least $75,000 in damages. She claimed that Bryant had checked into The Lodge and Spa at Cordillera Hotel and raped her inside his hotel room on July 1 of that year.

2. She grew up in Gypsum, Colorado

Born on June 18, 1985, Faber grew up in Gypsum, Colorado with her parents, Paul Louis Faber and Kristine Anne Faber. She was a student of the Eagle Valley Senior High School before she headed over to the University of Northern Colorado after high school.

3. She’s musically gifted

While little is known about Faber’s background, it was previously reported that she aspired for a career in music when she auditioned for the music reality show, “American Idol,” where she performed a song in front of Simon Cowell and Jennifer Lopez.

4. She worked as a staff at a hotel in Colorado

Faber was reportedly a staff at the Colorado hotel that Bryant was staying at when she first met the basketball player. It was allegedly shortly after their first meeting that Bryant had invited her to his hotel room and sexually harassed her.

5. She had mental issues prior to her encounter with Bryant

According to Chief Wild Eagle, Faber had been hospitalized due to mental health issues in 2003. The police cited her as “danger to herself” four months before she accused Kobe Bryant of sexually assaulting her.