A 39-year-old ‘Pets At Home’ worker had a tragic death after he got "trapped in a piece of machinery" at work.

On Oct. 4, Shaun Potter was at his place of work in Stoke, Staffordshire, England when he got into the deadly accident with a piece of machinery.

Emergency services were called to the retailer's warehouse in Campbell Road soon after the accident. 

According to local media reports, firefighters worked for hours to free Potter who was then airlifted to the Royal Stoke University Hospital where he later died.

Potter's friends, family, and colleagues say they are 'devastated' following his sudden and untimely death. 

He has been remembered in touching tributes from his loved ones.

"Rip Shaun bro, we will all miss you. This should never have happened to you. You will forever be in our hearts and your girlfriend's and your daughters," Potter's sister Louise Marie said, the StokeonTrent Live reported.

"You had so much to live for and we are absolutely devastated that you are gone. You will always be my big brother."

"Love you always bro. I will see you up there soon."

Potter’s brother Wayne Potter added: "Fly high brother, one day we will fly again together."

Friend Adrian Gomm said: "So sad to hear this horrendous news. I enjoyed your company whilst we had a game of pool. Deepest condolences to your family."

Michael Ottaway said: "RIP Shaun, such sad news. We had many talks about football. You will be sadly missed by us all at Pets at Home. My thoughts with all your family."

Sheila Lightfoot said: "RIP so sad, our prayers are with his family, at this time life is so cruel some times, fly high Shaun, gone but never forgotten, God bless."

His colleague Chloe Parker, has started a GoFundMe page that has so far reached £750 of a £1000 goal.

 "I worked with Shaun and I know me, as well as his colleagues, are all absolutely devastated," Parker said.

"With permission from Shaun's brother, I have made a page for anything the family needs at his incredibly hard time. If people could please share and donate if they can, it would be appreciated very very much."
 

Shaun Potter Shaun Potter died on Oct.4 in a freak accident after getting stuck in a piece of machinery at work. GoFundMe