A newlywed man killed himself by jumping into a river because he was extremely scared of spending the first night ceremony with his wife, according to reports.

The shocking incident happened last Saturday, April 16, in the Guntur district of Andra Pradesh, India.

The 32-year-old man, identified as Pattigudupu Kiran Kumar got married on the 11th of this month, Hans India reported. The next day, he took his wife and went to Macharla, a town in the Palnadu district. The details of the trip are unclear at this time.

Their Nishekam was set up on the 16th. Nishekam is the ritual associated with first sexual intercourse among Hindus which is allowed only on the night of the 4th day after the wedding.

On that day, Kumar took his wife to the Guntur bus station and left telling her he would return in a while. After he failed to return, the woman informed Kumar’s relatives about his missing.

The family approached the police and reported the missing and a search was underway when on Monday, Tadepalli police were informed about a dead body in the upper reaches of the river Krishna.

The police arrived at the location and located the decomposed body. A preliminary investigation revealed the deceased to be the missing person.

He was identified by the identification card in his wallet.

Kumar’s family was informed about the tragedy and they arrived at the morgue and identified the body.

Kumar’s mother told the police that her son was scared of the first night ceremony and took the final plunge due to the extreme pressure despite his friends boosting his confidence.

Thadepalli police have registered a case and are investigating the incident.

In a similar incident, a 14-year-old boy in the Jabalpur district, Madhya Pradesh, India, reportedly killed himself after his father failed to recharge his cell phone's data plan.

On Monday, April 18, the boy’s family found him hanging dead from a ceiling fan inside their home. His parents and relatives had spent some time looking for him before the discovery since they did not see him for several hours.

According to City Superintendent of Police (CSP) Alok Sharma, a preliminary investigation into the incident revealed that the boy's father, who used to work as a laborer, had been struggling with financial difficulties for the past several months.

The boy, who was reportedly addicted to playing video games on his mobile phone, recently requested his father to recharge the data plan for his device. However, the father failed to recharge the teen's mobile phone data pack for the past couple of days.

Upset over the situation, the boy decided to kill himself while inside their home.

Representational image. Pexels/Pixabay.

© 2024 Latin Times. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.