An angry McDonald’s customer will likely face homicide charges after the 23-year-old employee, whom she shot following a dispute over cold fries, died in the hospital three days after the incident.

Matthew Webb was taken off life-support on Friday, Aug.5, after he was shot in the neck Monday, Aug 1, outside the Bedford-Stuyvesant fast-food restaurant in Brooklyn, where he worked, the NYPD confirmed.

Webb, a resident of Queens, was working his shift when a customer, Lisa Fulmore, hassled him over the cold fries that were served to her mother, police said.

Fulmore was reportedly FaceTiming her son during the incident.

"The mom was on FaceTime with her son, and he heard the dispute between her and the clerk. The son and the clerk got into a dispute inside, and it went outside," a police source said.

A short time later, Fulmore’s 20-year-old son, Michael Morgan stormed into the restaurant and began verbally harassing the employee, police said.

The argument eventually escalated into a physical fight during which Morgan pulled out a gun and shot Webb in the neck.

"I feel like crying. You shot someone over french fries?" said a witness, who owns a neighboring local business.

"The co-workers, they were around the victim", another witness said.

"They were on their phones, and they were crying. A man took off his shirt and put it on the neck to try to stop the bleeding. The victim’s right eye was swollen shut. He couldn’t talk," a bystander recalled. "He was just shaking. His chest was heaving. He was still breathing when they put him on the stretcher."

Webb was rushed to Brookdale Hospital, where he was declared brain-dead shortly after.CCTV footage obtained by police shows Morgan engaging in a physical attack with Webb, before opening fire.

Morgan who fled the scene after the shooting was taken into custody by the police. According to prosecutors, he tried to dispose of his clothes in an attempt to erase the evidence.

Fulmore later told the police that her son told her "he gotta do what he gotta do," the New York Post reported.

Morgan was arraigned on Thursday, Aug 4, and charged with attempted murder and criminal possession of a loaded firearm. He is being held without bail.

The shooting "has been deemed a homicide," the force said early Friday, adding that "the investigation remains ongoing."

Morgan is expected to face upgraded homicide charges, prosecutors said.

His girlfriend, Camellia Dunlap, who allegedly handed Morgan the gun, has been charged with possession of a weapon. She is being held on $50,000 bail.

"Where does a 20-year-old get a gun from?" a local store worker said. "Fulton Street is the craziest street. It’s getting worse, and the shooters are getting younger. They have lost their sense of direction."

McDonald's employee shot dead over cold fries
Matthew Webb, 23, “succumbed to his injuries” after he was shot in the neck in the fight at the Brooklyn McDonald’s where he worked. @matt_diizzy / Instagram

© 2024 Latin Times. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.