Viral TikTok Video Shows How You Can Buy A 'House' Shed At Home Depot antonbe/ Pixabay

The latest TikTok trend featured teenagers eating the "pill" inside pregnancy test kits, suggesting that it is the "Plan B" contraceptive pill. However, National Health Service (NHS) issued a warning confirming that those are not edible.

NHS surgeon Dr. Karan Rajan explained that the little disc found inside a pregnancy test is "toxic" when eaten and are only used to keep it dry. He responded on a video wherein someone splits their pregnancy test in half to reveal the silica pill, wrongly claiming it's "Plan B" – a brand of the morning-after pill.

Dr. Rajan said, "Bro, no. Do not eat the tablets you find in pregnancy tests, they are not a 'Plan B' or an emergency contraceptive. They are a desiccant tablet used to absorb moisture to extend the shelf life of the pregnancy – similar to the little silica packets you find in shoes and bags." The doctor explained that the chemical is not only "toxic" when consumed but it will not prevent pregnancy either. The video garnered more than half a million views after Dr. Rajan uploaded it on his own TikTok channel on Monday.

One user commented, "Thank god you told me that because that video made me think it was a Plan B." Another one jokingly said, "How do you even explain to a doctor that you accidentally ate a pregnancy test?"

Clearblue, the brand of Swiss pregnancy test kit that was being referred to on the viral TikTok video has confirmed that the tablet inside its pregnancy tests is not the contraceptive bill. The pills are tabs designed to absorb moisture.

Clearblue posted on their website, "We are aware of videos circulating about Clearblue pregnancy tests and the tablet found inside. Clearblue pregnancy tests do NOT contain Plan B. All our tests contain a small desiccant tablet which is included to absorb moisture and should not be eaten."

The trend began shortly after a dangerous challenge circulated on TikTok, in which teenagers tried to use their smartphone camera flash to change the color of their eyes. The trend appeared to have started after TikTok user Maliabroo posted a video, claiming that the platform has a new filter called "S5" that changes your eye color when used with flash. She then ended the video by showing that her eyes were blue, despite having been brown at the beginning of the video.

Authorities are ruling out the cause of death as a suicide attempt as investigators suspect it was an accident based on a trending social media challenge, which dares participants to choke themselves to the point of losing consciousness. This is a representational image. UNSPLASHED

© 2024 Latin Times. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.