A leaked email claimed that the U.S. State Department refused to let several privately chartered planes out of Afghanistan, which might have evacuated U.S. people and Afghans.

Military lawyer and retired Marine Eric Montalvo spoke to Fox News about the details of the email after organizing some of the planes. He claimed that the federal government had hindered his rescue mission.

According to the leaked email, State Department officials refused to let Montalvo's privately funded flights use U.S. property inside the country or at any government's overseas facilities.

Officials cited potential security risks from charter planes landing at military sites, claiming that they lack the resources on the ground to adequately check flight manifests.

Independent charters are not permitted at Al Udeid Air Base in Qatar, a Defense Department base, and "most if not all countries in the Middle Eastern region," according to an email dated September 1.

An official advised Montalvo to seek assistance from a different destination country. "[It] can't be the U.S. either," the official added.

Although some other nations may "might require" official approval from the State Department before accepting private charter planes, the official stated that the agency "will not provide" such certification.

"[The] DOS [Department of State] will not provide an approval, but we will provide a 'no objection' to the destination country government via the U.S. Embassy in that country," the official said.

According to reports, the delay was caused by officials in President Joe Biden's administration failing to inform Taliban commanders that chartered flight departures had been permitted.

The Biden administration allegedly prevented the efforts to evacuate remaining Afghans were false, the New York Post reported, citing White House press secretary Jen Psaki.

Rep. Markwayne Mullin also criticized the State Department for preventing a rescue mission that he had sponsored from landing at Kabul International Airport.

According to the Washington Post, Senator Lindsey Graham believes that U.S. forces would return to Afghanistan despite the end of the nearly two-decade-long military presence in the war-torn country.

Graham told the BBC that the United States will have to return to Afghanistan "because the [terror] threat will be so large."

He also warned that a conflict between the Taliban and terror groups like the Islamic State will erupt soon. Afghanistan would be a "cauldron for radical Islamic behavior." according to the Republican senator.

He went on to say that the Taliban has not changed and that they will provide a safe haven for Al Qaeda, which wants to force the United States out of the Middle East.

According to The Hill,  Biden's choice would be to either let the issue fester or "hit them before they hit you." Graham was one of the Republicans who criticized Biden for failing to predict the downfall of the Afghan government and army, which resulted in the Taliban gaining control of the country.

The Taliban had previously urged the U.S. to stick to the August 31 deadline for troop withdrawals. According to the Independent, the departure was three months later than what previous President Donald Trump agreed to with the Taliban during the Doha peace talks.

Meanwhile, Joe Biden vowed that the U.S. forces would be prepared to keep terrorists under control in Afghanistan without deploying armed forces.

According to the President, they are able to carry out efficient counterterrorism missions in several nations without having to commit to a long-term military commitment. If necessary, Biden stated that they would do the same in Afghanistan.

A drone flies over the airport in Kabul A drone flies over the airport in Kabul on August 31, 2021. - The US military announced it has completed its withdrawal from Afghanistan after a brutal 20-year war -- one that started and ended with the hardline Islamist Taliban in power, despite billions of dollars spent trying to rebuild the conflict-wracked country. Photo by Aamir Qureshi/AFP/via Getty Images