A pregnant teen was fatally shot in a double shooting Tuesday, April 20, in Maryland. She delivered later in the hospital during emergency surgery.

The deceased, identified as 18-year-old J’Lyn Quinones, and another woman was shot Tuesday evening, near Quinn Street and Southern Avenue in the Coral Hills area, according to police.

After a preliminary investigation, the Prince George’s County Police (PGPD) confirmed that the women were shot by an unidentified suspect while they were crossing the street.

According to the police, after being shot, the two women ran down Southern Avenue and crossed into southeast D.C. crying for help. The Metropolitan Police found the victims and rushed them to a local hospital for treatment.

Quinones delivered the baby during emergency surgery. The baby is in "critical but stable condition," police said.

Quinones was later pronounced dead at the hospital, police said.

The second victim who has not been named is reported to have suffered non-life-threatening injuries. She is expected to recover soon.

The suspect has not yet been identified and the police have initiated a manhunt for the shooter.

The motive behind the shooting is also unclear at this time, police say.
It is also not known at this whether the victims and the suspect knew each other.

Authorities have urged anyone with information about the suspect or the incident to call the Homicide Unit at 301-516-2512. Anonymous callers can call Crime Solvers at 1-866-411-TIPS (8477).

In a similar incident, a 32-year-old woman, who has not been identified, was found dead inside a car with a gunshot wound in the parking lot of Hampton Inn, near Boynton Beach in Florida on Tuesday, A toddler was found sleeping inside the car.

The suspect, identified as 39-year-old Narcisse Antoine, was later tracked down by the police. He died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound as the officers approached his vehicle.

The motive behind the murder-suicide is unclear at this time. The child was later handed over to the care of their family members.

A man who was suffering from severe chest pains reportedly died while waiting more than 40 minutes for an ambulance in Adelaide, Australia on Monday, Aug. 8. This is a representational image. Photo by Mike Lawrie/Getty Images

© 2024 Latin Times. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.