A woman is facing up to 20 years behind bars after she left two painters hanging on for their lives when she cut their support rope in a rage while they were repairing reported damages on the 26th floor of the high-rise condominium in Thailand.

The suspect, 34, is now facing attempted murder and property destruction charges over the Oct. 12 incident, according to Police Colonel Pongjak Preechakarunpong, the chief of the Pak Kret police station, the New York Daily News reported.

She initially denied the allegations but later admitted that she had severed the rope supporting the workers out of anger. The suspect argued that the men had appeared out of nowhere just outside her room by the window unannounced.

Local police would show evidence of her alleged crime using CCTV footage and forensic fingerprint analysis confirming her prints on the severed cable. However, the woman maintains she had no intention to kill the workers.

One of the victims is a Myanmar national named Song, who recalled his team of repairmen was being lowered from the 32nd floor of the building on Oct. 12 when the rope supporting them appeared to have been torn while they reached the 30th floor, according to KTSP.

When he looked down, Song saw someone on the 21st floor open a window and cut his rope. He said his colleague immediately began screaming for help as soon as they realized their cable was unsecured.

Terrifying video of the incident was shared online and revealed the moment the pair hung precariously from the 26th floor of the condo, ABC News noted. They can be heard asking residents to let them inside their units by the window for safety.

According to witness Praphaiwan Setsing, she and her British husband dashed to the window after noticing the panicking men were trying to get their attention. Fortunately, a third colleague managed to hold on to the pair in danger, giving the couple enough time to pull them to safety.

“This incident is shocking and should not happen at all,” Setsing.

Meanwhile, the managers of the condo assisted the painters in filing a complaint to the police.

The suspect, who was temporarily released by police, could face a prison term of up to 20 years following her conviction on attempted murder. Authorities will file an indictment at the provincial court within 15 days.

The suspect argued that the men had appeared out of nowhere just outside her room by the window unannounced. This is a representational image. Pixabay

© 2024 Latin Times. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.