Newlywed set themselves on fire
Jim Jordan Confronted Over 10-Year-Old-Rape-Victim Tweet Jam Press Vid/@djrusspowell

A 34-year-old woman was set on fire after being mercilessly raped by three men in South Africa.

The poor woman was dragged to a park in Roodepan, Kimberley where she was attacked shortly after 8 p.m on Friday, Oct. 7. According to the media, she was raped in Lethabo Park and was soaked with paraffin before being set on fire, reports said.

It was the terrified neighbors who found the woman with severe burns in front of a shack. She was taken to the hospital immediately.

According to the police she died in the hospital on Sunday, Oct. 9 Cops are still reportedly continuing the search for the three suspects.

Thabo Mothibi, spokesperson for the African National Congress in the Northern Cape spoke about the current investigations pointing out the possibility of hate crime motives.

He said: "As investigations by the police continue, information received points to a possible hate crime motive."

There have been several incidents of terrifying sexual violence in the Northern cape area. The women in the area have said that they are living in extreme fear after the recent attack on the 34-year-old woman.

Locals in the area spoke to the media about the situation they were living in and how such violent incidents were disturbing them. They further went on to express their grief over the woman's unfortunate and cruel death.

One local said "We don’t have much here but that something could happen to a woman like that, it’s very sad. It’s heartbreaking to think it could happen to my daughter."

Another said: “Popping out and seeing what occurred is heartbreaking nevertheless it was terrifying. It was emotionally and mentally disturbing for me.”

The terrible incident comes just weeks after eight models were gang raped by a group of 17 men in balaclavas while they were filming a music video. The models tried running away but were stopped by shots fired into the air. All the mobile phones, jewelry, bags, cash, and filming equipment were taken by the gang before they proceeded to rape the victims.

The South African police were only able to arrive after the victims were raped 32 times in total.

© 2024 Latin Times. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.