A 14-year-old girl skateboarding at a strip mall in North Dakota was choked, beaten, and stabbed more than 20 times by a man on drugs.

Daisy "Jupiter" Paulsen was skateboarding from her father's house to her mother's house on Friday, June 4, morning when she was randomly attacked by her alleged assailant, 23-year-old Arthur Prince Kollie.

On Tuesday, June 8, four days after the vicious attack, Jupiter’s father, Robert Paulsen said that his daughter had been declared brain dead by the doctors.

"We just got word from the Doctor today that Our baby girl is too far gone and there isn’t anything they can do. Just to gather family and to say our goodbyes," Robert posted an update on an online fundraiser.

According to Robert and court documents, Kollie choked the girl and stabbed her more than 20 times during the attack that lasted for about 20 minutes. The attack was caught in part by a surveillance camera installed at a store in the area of the attack, which occurred near Party City, at 4340 13th Ave. S., in Fargo.

A sanitation worker driving in the area spotted a man in a white T-shirt and black pants standing over Jupiter with one hand on her nose and the other on her throat, the documents state.

The worker called 911 but by then the suspect had fled the scene. The worker performed life-saving measures on the girl, her mother, Antonia Johnson, told KVLY-TV.

Police later traced him after CCTV cameras at a Walmart store, about a half-mile from the site of the attack, showed a black male leaving the store, wearing new clothes, without paying.

Responding officers found blood-stained clothes and shoes abandoned on the trial room floor. Investigators later located the man matching the description and arrested him.

While the officers handcuffed him they said that he was under arrest for robbery and attempted murder, to which Kollie reportedly responded: "Attempted murder, as is she alive? Or what? What does attempted murder mean?"

According to the court documents, Kollie reportedly told investigators that he was on methamphetamine the day before the attack, and said that he did "not recall" any involvement in the assault.

At the time of the attack, Kollie was on probation for a 2017 conviction for assaulting a peace officer. On May 7, he had also pleaded guilty to discharging a firearm within city limits, possessing a firearm as a felon, and possessing drug paraphernalia. 

He was sentenced to 18 months supervised probation and 27 days in prison. However, according to court records, he was released as he had already served his time in jail.

Kollie who was initially charged with attempted murder, robbery, and aggravated assault, will now be charged with murder, according to a Cass County prosecutor.

Jupiter’s family is now working on donating her organs.

"It means the world to me that part of her is going to be out in the world saving lives and to be able to share that with somebody, to be able to help somebody, she would have loved that, she would have wanted that. So her wishes are also my wishes," her mother said.

Thanking the sanitation worker, she said had it not been for him the family may not have been able to save Jupiter’s organs.

"He gave her some life, we were able to see her right after it happened and talk to her and he gave us a little more time," Johnson told KVLY.

Murder Representational image. Pixabay