Sex Abuse Scandal: Victims Of Pedophile Priests Claim Pope Francis Was Made Aware Since 2014

Pope Francis
Pope Francis closes the Holy Door to mark the closing of the Catholic Jubilee year of mercy at the in Saint Peter's Basilica at the Vatican November 20, 2016. Reuters

Sexual abuse in Catholicism has been a sticky topic over the years with many priests being subjected to rumors and some proven to be guilty of crossing the line with children. While the Vatican has been made of aware of the recent allegations, more troubling news is coming to surface with many people demanding answers.

According to FOX News Latino, alleged victims of Rev. Nicola Corradi said they wrote a letter to the pontiff in 2014 warning him that the purported pedophile had been reassigned to the South American country.

The site reports that the victims' families contend that the Vatican knew about him since at least 2009, when he was publicly accused of abusing students at the Provolo Institute in Verona, Italy, where he then worked.

We recently reported that Argentine police arrested 82-year old Nicola Corradi, priest Horacio Corbacho, 55, and three other men at the Antonio Próvolo Institute, a school for youths with hearing disabilities in the northwest of the country for sexually abusing the children.

Corradi, and Corbacho were arrested last month along with three employees for the alleged abuse of at least 24 deaf children who attended the Antonio Provolo Institute, in the city of Mendoza.

The victims are now speaking out saying that nothing was done then nor later in 2014, when they told Pope Francis in a letter that Corradi was living in his native Argentina.

"From the pope down ... all of the Catholic Church hierarchy is the same. They all knew," one of the victims told The Associated Press through a sign language interpreter.

Another victim said the priests would rape again if released.

"This happened in Italy ... it happened again here, and it must end," the victim said, insisting on speaking anonymously. "Enough!"

Pope Francis and the Vatican have yet to speak publicly about the accusations and the investigation.

What do you think?