A woman has been reported dead after allegedly accidentally consuming rat poison instead of medicine for her stomach pain in Sakinaka, Mumbai, India on Saturday, Aug. 20.

The deceased woman, identified as 24-year-old Kajal Gawhane, was reportedly experiencing stomach cramps and was looking for medicine to help ease her pain when things took a tragic turn. Instead of consuming medicine for stomach pain, she accidentally consumed rat poison on Aug. 13, the Times Of India reported.

Following the incident, Gawhane was immediately rushed to a private hospital for immediate treatment. As her condition deteriorated, she was transferred to KEM Hospital for advanced treatment. However, she succumbed to complications and died on Saturday, Aug. 20, six days after she downed the rat poison.

When Gawhane consumed the rat poison, she was reportedly alone at home and her husband had gone out for a trek, the Print reported.

Following Gawhane's death, the authorities registered an accidental death report on Sunday, Aug. 21, and launched an investigation into the incident. Meanwhile, Gawhane's relatives told officers that they do not suspect any foul play in her death.

In a similar but unrelated incident, a woman died after she reportedly ate Maggi instant noodles garnished with slices of a tomato allegedly laced with rat poison in Pascal wadi, Malad, Mumbai, India, Latin Times reported.

The deceased woman, identified as Rekhadevi Phulkumar Nishad, 35, had reportedly laced a tomato with rat poison to kill vermin at her home last week on, Wednesday, July. 20.

However, while she was watching television, she accidentally put the poisoned tomato in her Maggi noodles and consumed the tainted produce. One week after she ate the tomato laced with rat poison, on Wednesday, July. 27, Nishad died while she was undergoing treatment at a hospital.

Hours after she ate the noodles, Nishad's health deteriorated. No other members of her family were at home at the time. After her husband and brother-in-law arrived home from work and saw the woman's condition, they rushed Nishad to Shatabdi Hospital for immediate treatment.

The woman was admitted in critical condition and underwent treatment at the hospital for one week. However, the woman later succumbed to complications and passed away on Wednesday, July. 27, one week after she accidentally ingested the rat poison.

This is a representational image of poison bottle. Pixabay

© 2024 Latin Times. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.