A 50-year-old man reportedly died choking on momos while he was eating at a roadside shop in Delhi, India.

The 50-year-old man, who was believed to have been drunk, was reportedly brought dead to AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Science) in Delhi after he choked on momos and suddenly collapsed on the road while eating at a roadside shop, India Today reported.

When the medical examiner's office conducted an autopsy, the reports revealed a momo stuck in the opening of the man’s windpipe. The autopsy reports revealed that the cause of death was neurogenic cardiac arrest due to choking on momos which were found at the man's laryngeal inlet.

Following the strange incident, the All India Institute of Medical Science in New Delhi has issued an advisory on India’s beloved snack and advised that everyone should "swallow with care.’ The advisory added that due to their smooth and slippery surfaces, a person can choke on momos if they are not chewed properly.

Momos are normally found at almost every roadside shop as well as high-end restaurants across the city of Delhi.

In a similar but unrelated incident, a nine-month-old baby boy reportedly choked to death after consuming a live fish on Monday, July 12, 2021, in the Undi village of West Godavari district in Andhra Pradesh, India.

The deceased child, identified as Nanda Kishore, was playing with his mother, Usha, and father, Narayana, when a neighbor, who had gone fishing in the nearby canal, came to their home with some live fish, Latin Times reported.

When the toddler’s father reportedly placed a live fish near the boy’s mouth to entertain him, the fish, about three inches in length, slipped into the toddler’s mouth and got stuck. The boy’s father tried his best to pull the fish out. However, it was lodged in his throat. The boy’s parents immediately rushed him to a nearby hospital, where the child was declared dead due to asphyxiation.

A man has been reported dead after allegedly being stabbed by a teen following an argument over a plate of momos in Tiranga Chowk, Delhi, India on Saturday, Sept. 3. This is a representational image. Pixabay/ sendtokaustav

© 2024 Latin Times. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.