fleetwood mac
"It's the perfect time to go back out," Stevie Nicks told Rolling Stone. "2013 is going to be the year of Fleetwood Mac." Reuters

Alert the gypsies, and pull out your "Tusk" - Fleetwood Mac has announced a worldwide reunion tour. After a three-year break, and months of reunion rumors, Lindsey Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood, John McVie and Stevie Nicks are headed back on the road in 2013.

Fleetwood Mac announced Tuesday that the beloved group will return to the road next spring for an extensive tour that will cross the globe. The trek will kick off in Columbus, Ohio on April 4th; tickets go on sale December 14th.

"It's the perfect time to go back out," Stevie Nicks told Rolling Stone. "2013 is going to be the year of Fleetwood Mac."

Like the last time the band toured in 2010, the band is oddly enough hitting the road without a new album to promote. But while they won't have an album of new material for tour, the band will still have a new release for fans its concerts. The excursion will coincide with the 35th anniversary of the release of their classic 1977 album, "Rumours," and as a result, the band will be reissuing the best-selling album in early 2013 with unreleased studio and live tracks.

According to Rolling Stone, the set list will be built around Fleetwood Mac's tremendous catalog of hits.

"We always have to play 'Dreams,' 'Rhiannon,' 'Don't Stop,' 'Tusk,' 'Big Love,' 'Landslide' and all our most famous songs," said Lindsey Buckingham to Rolling Stone.

He added: "When you've gone through all your must-do's, that's 75 percent of your potential setlist. I think with the other 25 percent, there are areas of our catalog that are more under-explored. Maybe we'll play more songs from Tusk. I'd also like to see an extended middle portion of the show that's just me and Stevie. This is just me talking from the top of my head. For now, I have no particular vision of what this tour is going to be."

But while the band has an idea of what they'll play on tour, Fleetwood Mac won't firmly decide what songs to play until the band returns to rehearsals on Feb. 15.

"We actually have two new Fleetwood Mac songs that I cut with Lindsey two weeks ago we might play," said Nicks. "I had a really good time working with him for four days at his house. I got to hang out with his family and his kids, his grown up kids, and really connect with him again. We're pretty proud of what we have done, and we're looking at it through the eyes of wisdom now, instead of through the eyes of jealousy and resentment and anger."

At the moment, only the American dates for the upcoming tour have been announced, but the group assures fans they intend to make this an international affair.

"If everything goes will we'll be in Europe doing festivals this summer," says Nicks. "Then we'll actually tour Europe, which is different than just doing festivals. Then we might do fifteen or so shows in Australia."

Here are Fleetwood Mac's 2013 tour dates:

4/4 Columbus, OH - Nationwide Arena

4/6 Philadelphia, PA - Wells Fargo Center

4/8 New York, New York - Madison Square Garden

4/9 Washington, DC - Verizon Center

4/11 Louisville, KY - KFC Yum! Center

4/13 Chicago, IL - United Center

4/16 Toronto, ON - The Air Canada Centre

4/18 Boston, MA - TD Garden

4/20 Uncasville, CT - Mohegan Sun Arena

4/23 Ottawa, ON - Scotiabank Place

4/24 Newark, NJ - Prudential Center

4/26 Pittsburgh, PA - CONSOL Energy Center

4/28 St. Paul, MN - Xcel Center

4/30 Kansas City, MO - Sprint Center

5/1 Tulsa, OK - BOK Center

5/3 Little Rock, AK - Verizon Arena

5/12 Winnipeg, MB - MTS Centre

5/14 Saskatoon, SK - Credit Union Centre

5/15 Edmonton, AB - Rexall Place

5/17 Calgary, AB - Scotiabank Saddledome

5/19 Vancouver, BC - Rogers Arena

5/20 Tacoma, WA - Tacoma Dome

5/22 San Jose, CA - HP Pavilion st San Jose

5/25 Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Bowl

5/26 Las Vegas, NV - MGM Grand Arena

5/28 Anaheim, CA - Honda Center

5/30 Phoenix, AZ - US Airways Center

6/1 Denver, CO - Pepsi Center

6/4 Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center

6/5 Houston, TX - Toyota Center

6/7 Tampa, FL - Tampa Bay Times Forum

6/8 Fort Lauderdale, FL - BB&T Center

6/10 Atlanta, GA - Philips Arena

6/12 Detroit, MI - Joe Louis Arena

This guy is going to be psyched.

© 2024 Latin Times. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.