Watch The Trailer For 'Avatar: The Way Of Water' Photo courtesy of 20th Century Studios

A man reportedly suffered a heart attack and died while he was watching James Cameron’s new film Avatar: The Way of Water. The incident happened in the Kakinada district of southern Andhra Pradesh state in India.

A man, identified as Lakshmireddy Srinu, reportedly went with his younger brother to a movie theatre to watch James Cameron’s new film Avatar 2, the sequel to the blockbuster movie Avatar released in 2009. However, while Srinu was watching the movie with his younger brother, he suffered a heart attack and collapsed in the middle of the film inside the movie theatre, the Independent reported.

After he collapsed, he was immediately taken to the Peddapuram Government Hospital for treatment and was declared dead by doctors.

Srinu is survived by a daughter and a son.

Following the incident, the director of Fortis Hospital, Noida, Dr. Sanjeev Gera, talked about the man's death and said that there is a continuing inflammation in our blood vessels after Covid, Yahoo News reported.

“Because of stress, increase in blood pressure like what happened in this case, arteries of the heart could have ruptured and that can cause sudden cardiac arrest.”

“This may be due to a plaque rupture in the coronaries or triggering of an arrhythmia due to excitement,” said Aster CMI Hospital’s Dr. Pradeep Kumar D.

“These kinds of deaths do happen during exciting matches/emotional situations. The movie per se is unlikely to have caused the death,” he added.

Similarly, when the first part of Avatar was released in 2009, a 42-year-old man in Taiwan died of a heart attack while watching the first part of Avatar. The man had a history of high blood pressure and the “over-excitement from watching the movie” triggered his symptoms causing the sudden heart attack.

In a similar but unrelated incident, a 35-year-old woman reportedly died due to a heart attack while she was working out at the gym in Byappanahalli, Bengaluru, India on Saturday, March. 26, as previously reported.

Vinaya Vittal, 35, came home from work and got a few hours of sleep before heading to the gym first thing in the morning. She was reportedly working out at the Challenge Health Club at Mallesplaya, Bengaluru at 8 a.m. on Saturday, March. 26 when she suddenly suffered a heart attack and collapsed onto the gym floor.

She was immediately taken to the CV Raman Hospital for treatment, however, Vittal died en route to the hospital.

© 2024 Latin Times. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.