Parents' Murder-Suicide: Three-Year-Old Kept Herself And Baby Brother Alive Pixabay

A man reportedly killed himself after murdering his wife for talking with her friend on her phone in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India on Tuesday, Oct 4.

The husband, identified as 50-year-old Kulwant Singh, and his wife Pushpa Singh, 38, reportedly used to engage in heated arguments over Pushpa's long phone calls with a friend. According to investigating officers, the couple had a similar fight regarding the issue at their residence in Talkatora, Lucknow on Tuesday when both their teenage children were not at home. During the argument, in a fit of rage, the man killed his wife with a grinding stone and then committed suicide by hanging himself, the Times Of India reported.

When the killing happened, the couple's elder son had gone to school while the younger one was at a friend's place. When the younger child came back home from his friend's house, he found his parents dead and raised an alarm. The younger child then informed his aunt, who further notified the officers about the incident.

According to the Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police, West Zone, Chiranjeev Nath Sinha, Pushpa was found dead with her head crushed. A grinding stone, believed to be the murder weapon, was also found on the floor. Kulwant's body was found hanging from a ceiling fan, Deccan Herald reported.

Following the incident, the officers sent both the bodies for autopsy. No suicide note was recovered from the site.

Kulwant's nephew told the officers that the couple was going through some relationship issues for the past month and used to engage in heated arguments and fights frequently over the issue.

In a similar but unrelated incident, a man allegedly stabbed his wife to death due to anger for not preparing chicken for his dinner in Davangere, Karnataka, India on Tuesday, June 7, Latin Times reported.

The accused, Kenchappa, a road roller operator by profession, was reportedly notorious in his village for being an alcoholic and constantly engaged in heated arguments and fights with his wife, Sheela, over petty reasons while coming home intoxicated. Kenchappa had left his first wife after the couple was unsuccessful in having a child and married Sheela about nine years ago.

On Tuesday night, as Kenchappa once again arrived home inebriated, he noticed that Sheela had not prepared chicken for his dinner. Kenchappa immediately confronted Sheela and a shouting match ensued. The heated argument quickly escalated into a physical altercation as Kenchappa grabbed a knife and stabbed Sheela with it. Sheela, who suffered grievous injuries from the stabbing, succumbed to her fatal injuries and died.

© 2024 Latin Times. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.