The royal family in the U.K. are reportedly not happy with Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s Netflix deal. The couple, now financially independent, recently signed a lucrative deal with Netflix, which is rumored to be worth anywhere from $50 to $100 million.

The Royal family is said to be not happy with the deal reason being that Markle and Prince Harry had agreed to a one-year review period concerning their stepping down from the royal duties. A year is not yet over since then.

Additionally, it is speculated that the Royal family is concerned that all the attention from the Netflix deal may end up undermining the charity work of the senior members of the royal family, including Prince William, Kate Middleton, Camilla Parker and Prince Charles.

"There are some members of the institution who are concerned that the couple is going to cash in on their royal connections,” said Royal reporter Katie Nicholl during a recent interview.

“They might be under pressure from Netflix to stray into an upper territory, but sources close to the couple tell me that they are very adamant that anything and everything that they do is very much going to be in a respectful tone to the Queen, the monarchy, and very much on their missions."

Nicholl further added that Markle and Prince Harry’s engagement is not going to be in a similar format as a documentary or the popular Netflix show “The Crown.” Therefore, if there are any concerns among the Royals, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex want to clear that they do not need to be worried about anything.

Ever since they stepped down from their royal duties, Harry and Meghan have been trying to lead an independent professional like and the Netflix deal is being considered as an important achievement.

prince harry meghan markle Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex depart Canada House on January 07, 2020 in London, England. Chris Jackson/Getty Images