A woman died after falling from a block of flats in Stratford, East London.

The woman, 26, was pronounced dead shortly after 5:40 p.m. on Tuesday at the scene below a building in International Way.

Officers were dispatched to the scene at 4:30 p.m. after receiving complaints of an offense, and the individual was apprehended and taken into custody.

A woman had fallen from a great height, it was reported just over an hour later.

“Officers at the scene helped provide first aid and called London Ambulance Service to the scene," Metropolitan Police said on Twitter.

Cops added in another post that the woman died immediately and they arrested a man afterward.

The London Air Ambulance was also on the scene, and investigations into her death are ongoing.

“As is routine in these circumstances, the Met's Directorate of Professional Standards and the Independent Office for Police Conduct have been informed,” Met Police said.

Meanwhile, another falling incident happened in the United States. Authorities say a man who was seen on camera dangling from a Utah amusement park ride died after suffering injuries from a nearly 50-foot fall.

According to Fox affiliate KSTU and NBC affiliate KSL-TV, the 32-year-old man was killed on the Sky Ride at Lagoon Amusement Park in Farmington on Saturday.

Multiple people contacted 911 shortly before 6 p.m. Farmington Police Chief Wayne Hansen told KSL-TV said a guy had fallen from the ride.

Sky Ride is the park's lone transportation ride, and it "conveys tourists to and from the north and south ends" of the park, according to the Lagoon Amusement Park website.

A witness took film of the man silently dangling from the ride's safety bar prior to the collapse, according to KSTU and KSL-TV. According to the footage, he did not appear to be distressed or attempting to reclaim his seat.

According to Hansen of KSL-TV, the man eventually fell close to 50 feet to the earth before being taken to the University of Utah Hospital in Salt Lake City in severe condition.

"We are saddened by an unfortunate incident that occurred on the sky ride yesterday. Our hearts go out to the family and others associated," the park confirmed the incident on Facebook on Sunday.

The next day, authorities told KSTU and KSL-TV that the guy — whose identity has not been revealed — had died as a result of his injuries.

The cause of the man's fall from the ride is unknown at this time.

The Farmington Police Department is presently conducting an investigation, according to a spokeswoman for Lagoon Amusement Park.

The park has been operating the Sky Ride "for years without incident," according to the spokeswoman, and there are clear "written and spoken guidelines on rider etiquette to keep everyone safe."

The ride did not appear to be malfunctioning at the time of the tragedy, according to park officials. Police agreed, saying KSL-TV that the ride appeared to be in good operating order.

According to Hansen, the man had gone to the park with other family members that day, but was alone on the Sky Ride when he fell.

"We don't know why he did that or what was going on. We just don't know," Hansen told the outlet, adding that toxicology tests will be performed as part of the autopsy.

The 10:25 a.m. blast on Tuesday saw more than 140 firefighters quickly extinguishing the penthouse flames. Four of them sustained minor injuries as sections of the building collapsed. Residents described the awful trembling of the ground and debris falling from the sky following the big explosion. This is a representational image. UNSPLASH

© 2024 Latin Times. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.