The teen grandson of an 88-year-old Minnesota grandmother killed her at the family's house on Tuesday morning after beating and stabbing her.

Crime Online reported that the 17-year-old teenager also attacked many family members, resulting in four additional family members being hurt. Patricia Frances Maslow, a Minnesota grandmother, was discovered dead at the site from "sharp and blunt-force injuries," according to the Roseville Police Department.

The attacker's mother, 55, and sister, 23, were among the other four family members hurt in the attack. The teen's mother is still in the hospital, while his sibling has already been released after receiving head trauma treatment.

According to the police, the two other adult siblings only had minor wounds. Authorities said the Minnesota grandmother died from wounds sustained from a beating and a stabbing with an unidentified weapon in an amended statement on Wednesday.

The police report states that there were no calls to the family's home in Roseville City, Ramsey County, Minnesota, before the attack, and there were also no known police encounters with the teenage suspect.

The Star Tribune further stated that what motivated the attacks is yet unknown. The teenager was allegedly abusing other family members when a 911 caller inside the home reported him, according to Police Chief Erika Scheider.

The Ramsey County Emergency Communications Center issued a "shelter-in-place" alert to cell phones after the teen fled.

After getting the hazy emergency notice with no geographical information late Tuesday morning, Ramsey County's schools and businesses went into lockdown.

Cell phones in St. Paul and the nearby suburbs received the warning at 10:50 a.m. stating that a "homicide suspect at large," was on the loose. The suspect was described as a 17-year-old white man.

The emergency alert apparently also reached cell phones in Lino Lakes, which is roughly 20 minutes drive from Roseville, Bring Me The News reported, citing local police.

According to a statement from Ramsey County officials, the message was intended for mobile devices in a limited area in Roseville.

"For reasons not known at this time, the Wireless Emergency Alert system pushed the message to a significantly broader area, and mobile phones across Ramsey County and nearby communities received the alert," the county noted.

A second emergency alert message was sent out at 11:15 a.m., telling people to seek shelter along Larpenteur Avenue and Highway 36 as well as Snelling Avenue and Victoria Street.

According to a third message, the shelter-in-place order was revoked after 15 minutes, which also stated that the suspect had been apprehended. Then, Ramsey County expressed regret for the commotion and disturbance the notifications "throughout the metro region." had produced.

About 40 minutes after the first emergency warning was issued, the grandma's teenage grandson, who killed her, was taken into custody. To determine whether to press charges, the Ramsey County Prosecutor's Office is still looking into the situation.

The NYPD is still investigating the stabbing.
Representation image. Getty

© 2024 Latin Times. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.