Prince Harry and Meghan Markle clearly braced themselves for the backlash they knew would come their way after the bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey aired early last month. Turns out, Harry isn’t willing to back down anymore and reportedly demanded an apology from the royal family for the mistreatment meted out to Meghan, Daily Star claimed.

“The problem with Harry is that he’s hooked on being right and regardless of saying he wants to move on from this,” said a source. “He won’t back down until he gets some form of apology from his family,” the insider added. Meghan had raised concerns about baby Archie being subjected to racism as she claimed a senior royal member had questions about the skin tone of the unborn child.

The allegations have sent shockwaves across the royal family, with Prince William clapping back at the Duke and stating “royals are not racist”. Meanwhile, Buckingham Palace addressed the controversy and promised to look into the matter privately.

An official statement by the palace said: “The whole family is saddened to learn the full extent of how challenging the last few years have been for Harry and Meghan. The issues raised, particularly that of race, are concerning. Harry, Meghan, and Archie will always be much-loved family members.”

It is speculated that Harry’s relationship with his father Prince Charles and older brother William has hit an all-new low, especially after Harry revealed that his most recent conversation with William, pertaining to the racism controversy, wasn’t very productive.

On the other hand, the Sussexes have things rolling for them on the work front. They recently announced their first collaboration with Netflix earlier this week. As suggested in recent reports, Harry and Meghan's company, Archewell Productions, in partnership with The Invictus Games Foundation will drop a documentary series titled "Heart of Invictus". 

The documentary will trace the journey of a group of extraordinary competitors from around the globe, all service members who have suffered life-changing injuries or illnesses on their road to the Invictus Games The Hague 2020, now set to take place in 2022, as reported by Hello! The project is directed by Oscar-winning team of director Orlando von Einsiedel and producer Joanna Natasegara.

Harry will be actively involved in the backend work of the project as the executive producer, apart from facing the camera.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are pictured walking through the walled public Andalusian Gardens on Feb. 25, 2019 in Rabat, Morocco. Facundo Arrizabalaga - Pool/Getty Images