Last week, Meghan Markle and Prince Harry were dealt a humiliating setback when it was revealed that Queen Elizabeth wants only working royals on the Buckingham Palace balcony for her Platinum Jubilee festivities.

The Queen does not want the Sussex couple and Prince Andrew to participate in the showcase event, according to Heat Magazine.

While the Duke and Duchess of Sussex were invited onto the balcony, an insider told Heat Magazine that the couple appears to have wasted another opportunity. The tipster attributed the incident to Harry rushing out and doing another controversial interview.

"It seems they can't help themselves," the insider pointed out.

If Meghan and Harry were to visit, the insider claimed the couple would have preferred a spot on the balcony because it is a significant event and would have proven their status as royalty.

The announcement comes just days after Netflix reported that Meghan Markle's new children's series, Pearl, which she created and was set to executive produce, had been canceled.

"This is a huge slap in the face for Meghan, and she's bitterly disappointed," said an insider close to the 40-year-old, who – along with Harry, 37 – signed a $100million deal to make shows for the streaming giant when they quit the royal family and moved to California in 2020.

Royal sources mentioned that Queen Elizabeth and other senior royal family members were irritated when Prince Harry discussed his meeting with the British Queen on an American television show. 

At the moment, Meghan Markle's husband claimed he wanted to make sure the Queen was "protected" and surrounded by "the right people."

According to reports, Netflix is putting a lot of pressure on Meghan Markle and Prince Harry to succeed because of the money that has supposedly been spent on them, and they want more juicy content about them and the royals.

Despite this, the Sussex couple plans to bring Archie and Lilibet to the UK in June to celebrate Her Majesty's Platinum Jubilee.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are pleased and privileged to attend the Queen's Platinum Jubilee festivities with their children this June, according to a spokeswoman for Meghan Markle and Prince Harry.

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have yet to respond to rumours that Queen Elizabeth has barred them from attending the Platinum Jubilee celebrations with the rest of the royal family next month. So, unless all of these unsubstantiated reports are proven accurate and correct, ardent supporters of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex should take them lightly.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex attend the athletics on day two of the Invictus Games 2020 at Zuiderpark on April 17, 2022 in The Hague, Netherlands. Photo by Samir Hussein/WireImage