Newlywed set themselves on fire
Bodycam Video Shows Ukraine Police Shooting Down Drone Before Explosion Jam Press Vid/@djrusspowell

A newly-married couple died after the geyser in the bathroom of their home exploded in Hyderabad, India on Thursday, Oct. 20.

Officers reportedly received a call at around 9:30 p.m on Thursday, Oct. 20 informing them about a dead couple at a home in Khader Bagh, Langer House, Hyderabad. When officers responded to the scene, they found the newly married residents of the house, 26-year-old Syed Nisaruddin, a doctor, and his wife, 22-year-old Umme Mohimeen Saimah, a final-year MBBS student, dead on the scene, NDTV reported.

On Thursday morning, Saimah reportedly spoke to her father on the phone and promised to call back later. When Saimah did not return the call, her father presumed that both of them must have gone to work. However, later in the evening, when his calls went unanswered, the family broke into the apartment to check on them and made the gruesome discovery.

"It appears that (Syed) Nisaruddin went in to save his wife who appears to have suffered an electric shock. He got a shock himself," said the father.

Based on the preliminary investigations, it is suspected that the electric shock, triggered possibly by a faulty wire connection to a bathroom geyser, may have caused the couple's death.

"When we went into the house, we put off the power supply, suspecting something may have gone wrong, and then entered through a window and found the couple dead,'' said the father of Saimah.

Saimah was reportedly studying in her final year of medical college. Meanwhile, her husband was working at a Government Medical College in Suryapet, India Today reported.

Following the incident, the bodies of the couple were shifted to Osmania General Hospital to conduct an autopsy. Meanwhile, police officials have registered a case in connection with the incident and are conducting investigations.

In a similar but unrelated incident, a 7-year-old boy reportedly died after an electric scooter's battery that was kept for charging exploded in their house at Vasai, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, as previously reported.

Sarfaraz Ansari, the father of the victim Shabbir Ansar, brought the assembled e-scooter all the way from Jaipur, India, and had kept the scooter's battery for charging in the living room where the victim was sleeping.

The battery that was kept on charging exploded and resulted in the television set catching fire in the room. The victim reportedly suffered over 80% burns in the incident. Despite undergoing treatment at the hospital for over a week, the victim succumbed to his burn injuries and died on Friday, Sept. 30.

Following the incident, Manickpur police stated that the explosion was caused due to overheating of the battery.

© 2024 Latin Times. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.