A teenager allegedly shot and killed his 2-year-old girl neice during a family argument in a Maine resort town.

The 19-year-old suspect, Andrew Huber Young, of Wells is accused of shooting three people, including his toddler niece, around 4:20 p.m. Saturday, May 21, at 97 Crediford Road, state police said. 

Octavia Jean Huber-Young died later at a hospital. Two other men were injured in the shooting, reports said.

Another uncle of the deceased child, Craig Higgins, said the two injured men are Octavia’s father and grandfather, according to the Portland Press Herald.

Andrew was taken into custody and charged with the little girl’s murder, Maine State Police said, adding that more charges are expected to stem from the triple shooting.

"A piece of me died with (Octavia) today," Higgins said in a Facebook post.

"I am so angry at the world, God himself even. Why did God have to take our precious little Octavia. I just don’t understand why someone would get angry and turn that anger into violence and shoot an innocent little 2 year old girl," Higgins said in the post. "Octavia was such a precious little girl."

There was an argument between the family members after which Andrew was kicked out of the house, Higgins said. 

Andrew left but later returned and opened fire, striking Ethan twice while he was holding his daughter.

"Ethan was shot once in one arm and once in his shoulder," Higgins said.

Octavia’s mother, Samantha Higgins was working at her nursing job at a Kittery nursing home when the shooting occurred. The couple is separated, Higgins said.

"When she wanted my attention, she would always grab my finger and bring me toward her room and play with her. And she always loved to go outside and play on her swing set," Higgins told WGME CBS 13.
A GoFundMe has been created to help with the funeral expenses.

"We wanted to thank for the thoughts and prayers. It’s just a senseless tragedy," Higgins said.

police-2167968_960_720 A mentally ill man died of asphyxiation after highway police officers allegedly forced him into a patrol vehicle and set off a smoke grenade in northeastern Brazil on Wednesday, May 25. This is a representational image. geralt/Pixabay