A woman was left bleeding and lying in a pool of her own blood on Sunday after a homeless man, whom she had generously let into her home in Utah to take a shower, allegedly slit her throat.

Officers responded to the victim's home located at 850 South West Temple Street, Salt Lake City at around 5 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 6, after they received reports of a woman found heavily bleeding from the neck in the neighborhood. Law enforcement who reached the scene immediately notified Salt Lake City Police Department (SLCPD) detectives who also responded to assist with the investigation, New York Post reported.

The victim was immediately rushed to a local hospital in critical condition where she subsequently underwent emergency surgery. Her condition later became stable after life-saving interventions. However, her current health condition remains unclear.

When the cops later questioned the victim, she revealed that she was attacked by a homeless man who she had decided to let into her home to allow him to take a bath. The officers identified the assailant as 30-year-old Eric Jones.

Following this, officers tracked down Jones and located him at around 1 a.m. on Friday, Feb. 11, near 130 South 500 East. He was later booked at the Salt Lake County Metro Jail on one count of aggravated assault.

In a similar but unrelated incident, a Manhattan woman was found dead with head trauma in the bathtub of her East Harlem apartment on Friday, Feb. 11.

The 56-year-old victim was found fully clothed in the tub, with blood on her face and bruises on her head, when officers arrived at a third-floor apartment at E. 100th St. near Third Ave at about 6:15 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 11, Daily News reported.

The victim's niece initially refused to let the officers in after they responded to the scene. The authorities are currently interrogating the niece over her suspicious actions.

Even though the medical examiner has not confirmed the woman's cause of death, the police officers have referred to her death as a homicide.

Meanwhile, a neighbor, Louise Perez, said that she and her husband heard an argument coming from the victim's apartment seemingly before her death.

“I knew her for 13 years. She was in the building before I moved in the building,” Perez said.

“She was a good person. She had started working a home attendant job and she was doing really good and I’m just very sad to hear that she’s gone,” she continued.

Perez added that the victim used to stay alone after her mother passed away and that her nieces would occasionally stay over.

man holding knife
This is a representational image. Creative Commons Pixabay

© 2024 Latin Times. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.