A 40-year-old Royalist reportedly bit a man's face, who "hated the Queen."

Stephen Woodall said his victim needed to "show some respect" to Queen Elizabeth after the death of Prince Philip. According to Wolverhampton Crown Court, Philip Price was contacted by Woodall on Facebook messenger at about 3:20 p.m. on May 7, 2021. Woodall's message read, "You need to be careful, next time I see you I'm going to kick your head in. Show a bit of respect. You might not like the Royal family but show some respect."

Another message was sent at about 5:56 p.m., which wrote, "tag a c***" and displayed a one-minute video clip of Woodall describing his victim as a c***. Price, 63, did not respond to the "threats," but he believed that the defendant was "capable" of attacking him.

Prosecutor Andrew Parker said Woodall "held on to his disdain for some time." Both crossed paths at The Cabin in Dudley on July 31, 2021. Price had gone to the smoking area at the Sedgley pub in Alderwood Precinct when he spotted Woodall with another man. "Drunk" Woodall, resident of Keyes Drive, Kingswinford, "gestured aggressively" towards Price before declaring, "you are not a Royalist, you hate the Queen." He walked towards him, gripped him by both shoulders and pushed him against a wall.

Woodall bit Price on the left side of his face before a passer-by jumped in to help, allowing him to "prise himself away." Meanwhile, Price was left in "excruciating pain" and rushed inside the pub. Teeth marks were "clearly visible" on his face after he was handled in a "gratuitous and degrading" way.

According to Price, he struggled to hug his grandchildren after the sudden attack. He also reportedly suffered multiple strokes. Price was also prescribed antibiotics for an infection after seeing his doctor." I'm constantly worried around other people, especially when they are behind me." Meanwhile, recorder David Lock went on to claim that there was "no medical evidence" proving Price's strokes were caused by the stress of his attack but accepted the victim's claim that the attack did affect his confidence.

Meanwhile, Woodall said. "I'm not a bad lad, I have just made stupid mistakes. I'm absolutely terrified that I'm going to prison today. It's going to have massive psychological effects on my partner. I wish Mr Price was here today and I could apologize to him. Unfortunately I can't turn back the hands of time, I wish I wasn't there that night. I 100 per cent regret what I have done and I'm ashamed of myself."

Woodall admitted wounding to inflict grievous bodily harm and sending a communication conveying a threatening message. He was given a 12-month sentence and has been suspended for two years. Woodall has also been told to complete 200 hours of unpaid work and must pay £1,000 ($1,200) compensation, £340 ($400) costs and a £187 ($220) victim surcharge.

This is a representational image. Pixabay.