Crafty Jack Russell Uses Pool Filter As Her Own VIP Exit Pixabay/ Juncala

A 61-year-old man reportedly died after being bitten by his pet Jack Russell dog in Prestatyn, Wales.

The victim, identified as 61-year-old Mark Jones, from Prestatyn, Denbighshire, reportedly got bit by his pet dog, a Jack Russel breed. Four days after he was bit by the dog, Jones, went to Glan Clwyd Hospital for treatment and got admitted on Dec. 7. After undergoing treatment for over a day, Jones, a former journalist, vice-chairman, and matchday announcer for Prestatyn Town FC, died on Dec. 8, BBC reported.

After Jones' death, an inquest into his death revealed that he had probably developed sepsis as a result of the dog bite and died of cardiac failure.

"The process was so far advanced that despite the best efforts and treatment he died of cardiac failure," said north Wales coroner John Gittins.

Following his death, his wife Yvette said that he used to walk their Jack Russell dog, called Lili Little Legs, every night.

"He was such a loving, kind, and selfless person who always put Michael (his stepson), Lili Little Legs, and me first and wanted us to be happy, loved, and cared for," she said.

The inquest was adjourned to a later date to be fixed.

In a similar but unrelated incident, an 89-year-old woman died after she and her 12-year-old grandson were brutally attacked and mauled by two pit bull dogs at a Colorado home on Wednesday, Sept. 14, as previously reported.

Officers from the Golden Police Department were dispatched to a home just west of Denver on Sept. 14 after they received calls informing them of an animal attack. At the residence, the officers found two pit bull dogs brutally attacking an 89-year-old woman.

The officers immediately tried to use tasers and "less lethal shotguns" to separate the dogs from the victim. However, the officers were unsuccessful in their attempt.

Following this, additional personnel responded and managed to hold the dogs off while emergency services attended to the woman. The victim was immediately taken to a nearby hospital for treatment.

Despite undergoing treatment at the hospital for several days, the elderly woman succumbed to her injuries and died on Sunday morning, Sept. 18. Meanwhile, the elderly woman's 12-year-old grandson, who was also attacked by the dogs has been released from the hospital after treatment.

© 2024 Latin Times. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.