Meghan Markle is reportedly facing the same animosity that Princess Diana experienced but for entirely different reasons. A royal author said that both female royals have become known for doing whatever it is that they want to do regardless of whether it breaks royal tradition.

While speaking with CBS, royal author Tina Brown said that the Duchess of Sussex’s decision to keep her baby’s birth private makes her quite entitled. Brown also noted the fact that Meghan wants a woman to deliver her child, and she also rejected Queen Elizabeth II’s team of male doctors.

“Diana got all the same flak when Diana decided that her child was going to go to this little school, instead of being homeschooled and all the rest,” Brown said. “She did what she wanted to do, she was the first royal to take a baby on a royal tour,” she added.

Meanwhile, Brown also said that Meghan’s decision to not show her baby to the entire world outside the steps of St. Mary’s Hospital’s Lindo Wing, like what Kate Middleton and Princess Diana did, has angered the press. The royal author said that it wasn’t the greatest of moves in terms of the whole perception and popularity of the “Suits” alum.

“But on the other hand, it is a very private event, she is allowed to do what she wants after having a baby,” she explained. “I think she could have given them their two minutes and got into a car. The fact that they have decided not to is obviously a defiant gesture, saying ‘this is our private act.’ That has definitely upset people a lot.”

As of late, it is still unclear whether or not Meghan has already given birth. But earlier this year, she told royal fans that she is scheduled to welcome her child at the end of April or the beginning of May. There have also been reports saying that Meghan’s mom, Doria Ragland, has already flown to the United Kingdom. Ragland will be staying with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex in their newly renovated home, Frogmore Cottage.

Meghan Markle Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, visits New Zealand House to sign a book of condolence on behalf of the Royal Family following the recent terror attack which saw at least 50 people killed at a Mosque in Christchurch on March 19, 2019, in London, England. Max Mumby/Indigo/Getty Images