Prince Harry’s memoir "Spare" has become a hit, and its success has reportedly prompted Netflix bosses to encourage him and Meghan Markle to film an at-home reality-style series.

Cosmopolitan reported that Netflix bosses see the post-memoir landscape as the perfect opportunity to do a "Keeping Up With the Kardashians"-style reality show with the Sussexes. According to a source, Netflix executives had “raised eyebrows” about the personal and family bombshells in "Spare" compared to their relatively tame docu-series "Harry & Meghan." It has led bosses of the streaming giant to up their interest in a reality show filmed at the couple's $14.7 million mansion in Montecito, reported The Sun.

The source, a Los Angeles-based consultant, who works with Netflix, said that Harry’s memoir has "certainly been a talking point." While many might think that executives would be annoyed at the "volume of revelations in 'Spare' versus the show, in truth they were different scenarios." According to the insider, Netflix "scored great viewing figures and want a second bite of the pie." The source said that Netflix feels that they are in "prime position for a second project," and moving forward, the "aftermath of what happens to Harry and Meghan will be fascinating to viewers."

But the source pointed out that for such a deal to happen, Harry and Meghan "would have to open up the doors of their Montecito home." The insider shared that there is no doubt that "audiences have been excited by watching Harry speak about his life, and that the "interest remains huge.”

According to MARCA, for Harry and Meghan's Netflix series, it seemed like several of the interviews were taped in a household environment. Later, it was revealed that the project had been filmed at a different estate worth $33.5 million. The source said that Harry making the rounds for TV interviews to plug his memoir had not gone unnoticed at Netflix. The source shared that some in the marketing team at Netflix were "disappointed that Meghan and Harry did not go out on a media tour for the show." The insider said that Harry's willingness to go on TV for "Spare" has "raised eyebrows," but the hope is that they will "promote future projects.”

The docu-series set a Netflix viewership record for a documentary when it dropped on Dec. 3 last year. As many as 81.55 million hours were spent by viewers watching the first three episodes of the show in the first four days they were available. The couple released the remaining episodes for Netflix on Dec. 31, 2022.

Prince Harry and Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex A royal biographer claims that Queen Consort Camilla is attempting to keep the door "open" for Prince Harry and wife Meghan Markle's return as working royals for the monarchy. Roy Rochlin/Getty Images.