Last year, a Buckinghamshire man allegedly kidnapped a 17-year-old girl from Hemel Hempstead, drove her to his house, and raped her. Now the 37-year-old has been jailed.

On Wednesday, Mohammed Atif Khan was sentenced to 15 years in prison at Luton Crown Court, with an extended license as he poses a danger to the public, reported The Herts Advertiser.

On Aug. 28, 2021, Khan kidnapped the teenager. The girl had been out socializing with friends on the day of the incident. She was waiting to be collected by her family on Waterhouse Street in Hemel Hempstead. While she was waiting, Khan drove past in his car. A CCTV footage showed he reversed and parked up.

He then forced the girl into his car. He drove her to his house in Upper Meadow, Chesham, which was nearly 10 miles away from where he kidnapped the teenager. After raping her, he dropped her back in Hemel town center. She was later collected by family from the location.

The teen told her relatives about the rape, and they called the police. The case was taken up by Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit. Officers went through Automatic Plate Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) and CCTV footage to trace a Volkswagen Polo in white. It was registered to Khan at his Chesham address. He was arrested on Sept. 1, 2021. He pleaded not guilty, but was convicted of four sexual offences on March 17.

He received jail terms totalling 55 years. The four sentences will run concurrently, reported Daily Mail. He was sentenced to 10 years in prison for kidnap with intent to commit a sexual offence, and 15 years in prison with an eight-year license extension for rape. He was also sentenced to 15 years with an eight-year license extension for oral rape, and 15 years with an eight-year license extension with sexual assault by penetration.

Detective Inspector Justine Jenkins, who investigated the rape, described him as "despicable." She said that she is pleased that "Khan will be behind bars for a very long time after being found guilty of these appalling crimes," reported Watford Observer. She hoped that the girl "can begin to rebuild her life now.”

This is a representational image. HuyNgan/Pixabay