A Philadelphia woman had her face burned off after she was reportedly set on fire at a park in the 1800 block of East Tioga Street, Philadelphia on Friday, June 17.

Alyssa Morales, 36, was reportedly set alight after getting into a fight with a man and woman in Harrowgate Park. During the attack, the woman suspect was seen throwing some kind of liquid at Morales and setting it on fire. Morales, who reportedly suffered second-and third-degree burns on over 60% of her body, remains in a medically induced coma at Temple University Hospital, New York Post reported.

“She’s going to live, but she’ll have permanent damage,” her heartbroken mother, Leah Ann Morales, said.

“She’s going to have to have a new face. I’m saying it, she’ll never have the face she was born with, and they said that’s the hard part when she can look in the mirror and see a different face looking back at her,” the mother added.

According to Leah Ann, Molares will be in the hospital for at least the next three months.

Morales was reportedly discovered lying severely burned at the park after fire crews were called to put out a blaze in Harrowgate Park. When she was rushed to the hospital, Morales was initially in too much pain to identify herself and had to be listed as a Jane Doe for two days before her family was alerted.

Morales was homeless and had been battling a heroin addiction for about 12 years, 6ABC Action News reported.

“She never hurt anybody, just herself. She’s just an addict, misguided. She went to college and she just fell into that hole, and can’t climb out,” the mom said.

“I’m sad, I’m broken, I’m angry, so angry,” she added. “I just want to know who did this … Who could possibly do it?”

Meanwhile, the investigating officers added that they are hoping to get some leads from people in the area and are working to figure out if she was intentionally set on fire.

"At night, around midnight, there are individuals that are involved in the drug trade, selling drugs, using drugs. There's a lot of prostitution in the area so we're talking to some of the individuals that frequent the area," said Philadelphia Chief Inspector Scott Small.

A former NFL athlete has been charged with murder and tampering with evidence after he allegedly burned his girlfriend’s body after killing her last year. This is a representational image. PIXABAY

© 2024 Latin Times. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.